

OH… Christmas Tree!!! So, our family couldn’t decide on a real Christmas tree this year. They were too fat, too short, too dead, too brown, too full, too open, too expensive, you name it!! So we gave in, and bought a fake tree to quickly end our search for the perfect tree. Well, that perfect tree sat in a box (actually 2 boxes) in the kitchen for a few days before I decided to tackle the project myself in order to have it up before the quickly approaching holiday passed us by. So at 11 am on reading day, I pulled out all 200 pounds of contents and began putting our perfect tree together. Well, I think I could have grown a real 10 foot Christmas tree in the time it took me to set this one up. 4 hours later, and all my Christmas Cheer depleted, it was finished!! Oh (sigh) Christmas Tree!! In the end, the only reading I did on reading day was the 1 page of useless instructions for our perfectly fake Christmas tree! My next project of the day was our outdoor Christmas lights!! Yep, once again, I tackled it on my own! Only 2 hours and one small electrical shock later, the house looked festive! It is finally… "beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!" Despite the drawbacks of the day, I ended my day making peppernuts with the family while watching Charlie Brown’s Christmas!! All in all, I still LOVE Christmas!!
3 comments:
and here I am ... 11:30 at night, supposed to be going through my 68 flash cards for our test tomorrow, reading your blog and laughing at you! You are wonder woman! Why are you not married yet... oh yes that's right, I remember now :) haha love you and your christmas extravangaza!
Yea!!! I finely get to see pictures of your house. I need to find a way to get down there and see for my self all your cute decorating. If it makes you feel beter it is easier to set up the tree after you have done it once. Our family has been doing the fake tree for a while and if my dad didn't have help he could probably do it in under an hour. E and S slow him down. I am so proud of you foor doing the outside lights. That is something I would have made David and Jacob do. It al looks wonderful.
Wow Kourtney, first off didn't even know you had a blog...cute. And your lucky mom! I need a festive holiday decorator around here! You did a great job!
Post a Comment