Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Go Suns!!



Being the only person in my family to have never played basketball, I have seen a lot of basketball in my life. Whether it is a professional NBA team or a 4 year-old city league, I have spent many hours watching basketball games. There is just something about a little league basketball game that I love. Comments usually include, "no, the OTHER hoop" or "wait, he is not on your team." They are hilarious to watch!! Then 10 year-old basketball teams look more like soccer. Nobody really can make it, they just run back and forth over and over. Then they hit teens and it gets highly competitive, which gives the game a football feel - who knew tackling was legal! And then there is college which is fast-paced and exciting!

But, the very best basketball watching is with good seats at an NBA game!


I am so lucky to have had the chance to do this! When you watch these guys on TV, you don't really see what the game is all about. When you stand up next to these guys, you find they are HUGE and they are FAST and they are LOUD, and when they are running in your direction, you wonder if you are going to live to see the final score! :) I still can't get over their shoe size - it's unreal! Recently, I was able to go to a pre-season Suns game with a few friends. These are some pictures that my friend McKenzie Mortensen took while we were there!

2 comments:

McKenzie Hansen Mortensen said...

OH MY GOODNESS... THATS ME.... MCKENZIE MORTENSEN :D thanks for the tickets Kourt, that game was so much fun and this time I took the right guy :)

Rissa said...

I love your comments about the football feel of basketball in high school. Great pictures too.