Anyway, the point of this post - no one really knows what synchronized swimming is. It happens to be one of the greatest sports and I absolutely love it! It's practically dancing but under water. It's extremely exhausting and quite difficult! My girls can swim at least 25 yards under water without coming up for air. It's also quite the contact sport! My little girls tell me all the time, "She kicked me" or "I think I'm bleeding because she scratched me." Hoisting half your body out of the water takes strength. Maintaining body height out of the water while your arms are above your head is not so simple either! Adding grace to all of this is a challenge too. But the best part... all of it is to be done with a smile on. Have you ever tried to gasp for air while smiling?!? - Try it sometime!! :)
This summer all the synchro coaches decided to put together a coaches routine to perform in front of all the lifeguards at "Lifeguard Olympics" (aka end of the summer party). It was fun to actually swim again! If you want to see the video, it's on my facebook! :)
P.s. If you listen really carefully, the entire song is about synchro. It's pretty funny!
P.s.s. I am the one in the bottom far right corner! :)
1 comment:
How fun! Lookin good in your "old age" ;)
Post a Comment