My Worst Enemy...
Is a professional at pointing out all my flaws
Never takes vacation days on reminding me of all that I don't do perfectly.
Only occasionally commends improvement
Is impatient with wasted time
Can always list off a million things that could be worked on
Is overly critical
and struggles to let things go.
My worst enemy is... ME!
Sad but true. It's not my best quality, but it's a reality. I read a talk by Sis. Holland this past week. One quote from the talk has echoed through my mind over and over again:
"We must be patient with ourselves
as we overcome weaknesses,
and we must remember
to rejoice over all that is good in us."
This past general conference, Elder Scott said,
"If you have determined to live righteously,
don't become discouraged...
You are making better progress than you realize."
I love these quotes! I need to work on being less critical, impatient, and demeaning towards myself. I know that I am daughter of God with divine potential and I need to rejoice over all that is good in me and remember that I am making better progress than I think.
I am going to work on being nicer to myself...
...as soon as I find time to workout
and return these "freshman 5"
back to where they rightfully belong (not on me)!
JK!
-Lets be honest though, that's exactly what goes through my mean-ol-head!!
Anyone out there who can relate?! If so, aren't we just ridiculous?!!
I'm a work in progress! :)
1 comment:
I can totally relate to you on this one! Especially after all that has happened this year! Hang in there! We can only change one thing at a time!
Post a Comment