Monday, May 16, 2011

Shhh.....


As I blog, I obviously always think of what others will think about what I write. I love this fact. It makes me actually try to sound coherent (unlike my journal where I am too tired to really care about whether my sentences make sense or not). But I also avoid telling some of the random/embarrassing things about me, and since I'm trying to be honest with my life on this blog, here are a few...

1. I still get in a pool and feel like I might maybe someday turn into a mermaid. My absolute favorite disney princess is Aerial and always has been. Being under water makes me want to sing my heart out like Aerial!

2. I am an absolute sucker for cologne! If a man smells good, it *almost allows me to bypass all glaring flaws to be close to him. (*almost being the key word)

3. My alarm goes off for almost an hour before I actually get up. Yes, I push snooze about 12 times every single morning. I tried to give my snooze button up for "lent". I got down to about 3 times... and then lent ended... I'm already back to my 12! :/

4. In my school classes, I am the quiet observer. I rarely make a single sound unless called on (this is a stark difference to the student I was in elementary school). Everyone thinks I am a go-with-the-flow kinda girl. HA! Little do they know... :)

5. I went to the University Health office last week to get my TB Test and misspelled my first name on my intake form. The nurse saw it and said, "I hate it when I forget how to spell my name" and then laughed. I proceeded to tell her how it was Friday and I had just taken a final in an attempt to justify my mistake (I think I was mostly trying to console myself). So what if I'm in grad school and I can't spell my name. I learned how in kindergarten and there are plenty of other things I can't remember learning in kindergarten! ;) Haha!

6. I don't leave the house without mascara on. I can bypass all other make-up without a second thought, but the only time I will walk out without mascara is if I just flat out forget.

7. I fall asleep saying my prayers a few nights a week and almost every morning (goes to show that I am clearly not a morning person). It's not something I'm proud of. But I dream about praying a lot... does that help my case a little bit?!?!

8. I still see a dog to this day and my brain goes into fight or flight and I can't make a single coherent thought outside of that until the dog is away from me. It's a pathetic fear but one I haven't completely overcome yet.

9. I dressed up like a Spice Girl for a birthday party we went to. We were in such a rush that day, that I didn't get to see myself in the mirror until AFTER the party. Good thing... because I probably wouldn't have left the house like that if I did get a peak beforehand! Haha!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh Kourtney I love you. You are awesome. Emily and you have the same love for Aerial and for the same reasons. Emily can shower for hours and loves to swim. Some where there is a distant relative who is part mermaid...I'm sure of it. I love this post and the picture. THANK YOU (0: