The beautiful weather is back and, be warned, so are my adventure posts!
Shortly after I moved up here to Flagstaff, we heard of a place called Grand Falls. Everyone told us we needed to go once the snow runoff started. Last year, we missed the runoff. So this year, we HAD to make it no matter what!
We had seen pictures and so I thought I knew how great it would be. Only, to get there, I was blown away at how Grand it really was! It is huge! There was hardly any water running by the time we got there (when it's really running, it is one massive waterfall), but I was literally blown away by how vast it was! It was a humbling experience! In my mind, I knew it was grand, but I had no idea it was that Grand!!
(I wish I had a picture with a person in it to help you grasp how grand it is... but I guess you'll just have to go for yourself to find out!)
It made me think about the scripture, Doctrine & Covenants 84:36-38,
36. For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me;
37. And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father;
38. And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father's kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.
If we strive to do our best here and accept the Savior, God has promised us all that He has. I know that is a very Grand gift; yet, I cannot fully understand how Grand it will be with my limited, mortal mind. We can truly only imagine such a thing right now. How incredible!!
Elder Joseph B. Worthlin describes it as a "glorious and incomprehensible future." He said, "Heavenly Father in His love for us has revealed the path we must walk in order to reach the ultimate goal of eternal life. You and I understand this path as the commandments....[or] “the way”—the path that leads to a glorious and incomprehensible future."
I gotta make sure I live "the way" so that someday I will be able to enjoy the Grandness of the incomprehensible future that is promised to all that keep the commandments.
1 comment:
I've been there when it is full, and it is even more amazing. Glad you found it. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, and then a little further down the road.
Post a Comment