Friday, August 17, 2012

He is Good, So Good!!

I am not quite sure where to start with this post.  

I am so blessed.  I am so lucky.  I can't even begin to express how happy I am.  I didn't know that life could ever be this good.  My heart is bursting with excitement.  I cannot wipe the smile off my face.

I truly am so blessed!

Just a few months ago, I was dragging my feet as I moved back to the hot valley summer while leaving behind the beautiful Flagstaff and the sense of home that I finally had found there! I did NOT want to move back yet.  I wasn't quite ready to embrace being a college graduate... for the 2nd time, or moving back home (although I absolutely adore my family, there is something difficult from going to living on your own to having parents and siblings again), or (gasp) dating again!  

I didn't think I was ready.  My coping plan: take it slow, visit Flagstaff often, adjust to living at home, and aim to move out come Jan. 2013. 

However, Heavenly Father had a different plan.

Not even 2 weeks into living down here, I was talked into going on a blind date.  My very first date back in the valley.  I was slightly kinda very extremely apprehensive about going.

But I did.

And I can honestly say,
THE REST IS HISTORY!

Jared and I started off slow.  We saw each other every few days.  We kept things casual and really didn't have any reason to let it be anything else: he was leaving again for BYU for summer session.  Slight change of plans:  I fell in love with him and FAST!  The more time we spent together, the more he referred to his summer plans at BYU as, "optional" instead of "set-in-stone".  All I heard was the word, "optional" and I pulled out my "20 seconds of insane courage" (see the movie, We Bought a Zoo, if you don't know what I'm talking about) and told him I liked the idea of him staying here for summer better.  Much to my excitement, he decided to stay.  After that, things didn't move so slowly any longer.  It didn't take long before we were seeing each other every day and spending lots of time together.  Then, hardly a day would go by without seeing each other.  Next, I didn't want to imagine a day going by without him... ever again!

August 3rd, 2012, we got engaged!!


A bit about him...

He is so good to me.  He is kind.  He is a worthy priesthood holder.  He loves kids.  He dislikes dogs.  He plays basketball with my brothers.  He loves the gym as much as I do.  He is a gentleman.  He treats me like a Queen.  He is one of the hardest workers I know.  He values and appreciates education.  He is patient.  He listens.  He makes me laugh.  He is so much fun.

He is PERFECT for me!!

I love him so much!!  I am so grateful for him!!  I cannot wait to spend the rest of eternity with him!!

So my initial summer plan didn't work out so well: I didn't take life very slowly this summer.  I didn't get to visit Flagstaff very often.  I hardly spent enough time at home to even fully move in.  And I won't be moving out in January, I'll be moving out...
tomorrow.

I am moving to Utah tomorrow.
And on October 19th, 2012, I'm getting married
and becoming the luckiest girl alive!

This summer involved the 
BEST.PLAN.EVER!

If you want to hear the rest of the story, I'll be in Utah... with Jared! :)

13 comments:

Katie Seigfried said...

WOOHOOOO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You look great together!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens!!! I LOVE this story! Hahaha! The greatest part about it is I have a very similar story! ...with a few differences like I'm not getting married in October. But I live in Utah, met my "Mr. Wonderful" on a blind date a few months ago, etc. So basically...we need to catch up! Give me a call/text when you've settled in to Utah and we should get together!! I'm so happy and excited for you!!! :)

Brittany & Gentry said...

thats awesome! his mom told me, I am so excited for you guys!!

Anais and Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anais and Chad said...

I have known Jared since I was like 5 years old and grew up on the same street and I honestly can't think of two people more deserving of each other!! I am so excited for you both and definitely want an invite to this wedding :)

1631 Willow Drive, Provo, UT 84064

P.S. I live in Provo, too!! When you move up we should get together some time and go on a double or something ! We Mesa-folk have to stick together up here!

Becca said...

Such happy news! Marriage is the BEST! Let me know if you need help with wedding plans. I can help your mom make centerpieces or something. :)

MONICA said...

Yeah:) So excited for you. So worth the wait too! It's hard cuz before you don't know what you are waiting for. Once you find out though it makes everything that led up to it worth it! God loves to mix things up when we make plans! I had big plans but God gave me the best plan! Congrats!

marqbegay said...

Kourtney!!! This is so very exciting!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Erika said...

Congratulations Kourtney!!!! I'm so glad we got to meet him--and so sad we won't be there in October :( I loved reading this post--he seems perfect for you and I loved reading about how happy you are!! Good luck with your move and can't wait to hear and see more :) love you!

J. Paige said...

Great post- isn't it wonderful how Heavenly Father takes our plans and makes them so much better?!!!! I'm thrilled for you both!!!

Letia said...

That is super awesome news!! I am so happy for you!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Love this!!! So happy for you!!

Natalie said...

Oh Kourtney!! I'm so happy for you! How wonderful!