Monday, February 18, 2013

Our 1st Valentines Day


We had heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast made on our new griddle (I've never had a griddle until now, but I LOVE it!).  We covered our pancakes in strawberries and yogurt that we blend in the blender!  It's so much healthier than syrup and SO delicious! So our pancakes were cute, red hearts... I forgot to take a picture.

At work, I asked all of my kids what their families do for Valentines Day.  It was fun to hear all the traditions, but I really liked a few ideas.  Many mentioned that they had red and pink meals (either breakfast or dinner).  Ours was so fun, that I want to keep that as a tradition.  Most of them mentioned how they write valentines cards/notes to all their family members.  Many of them also do heart-shaped pizzas and a "red"box movie.  One of my little first graders told me that I would make my husband really happy if I rented Hotel Transylvania and watched it with him.  He was so sincere.  He said, if he had money, that's what he would do with his mom.  

That evening, we had plans to go out to eat, but so did EVERY other person in Provo.  Everyone here is practically a newlywed, dating, or engaged... so we had a pretty good hunch that every single restaurant in town would be PACKED.

So, what did we do?  We got a "red" pizza and a "red"box and we watched Hotel Transylvania.  It was actually a very cute movie that had us laughing and it was a really fun night.  I think I like the red breakfast, redbox, and red pizza, and writing valentines-for-those-we-love traditions.  Of course, I had to get Jared his favorite candy.... red vines.  And he got me beautiful red flowers.

Our entire day was 
RED. 



What a fun day to honor, remember, and serve those that we love.

2 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Can't spell and parent worth beans. Ha!! I think starting traditions is one of the greatest parts of being an adult. It looks like you started some fun ones.