One year ago today...
I spent all day fretting over the blind date that was going to take place that night.
I taught a lifeguarding class that afternoon
and
didn't even do my sopping wet hair.
I was SO nervous to start dating again.
I had never felt so nervous for a date in my entire life.
I begged my mom to tell him I was sick or something.
I cried when the doorbell rang - pathetic, I know, but it's true.
I heard my mom welcome him in.
My brother, J, the matchmaker, sat and talked with him.
My mom came down and said,
"He looks nice. I don't think he'll bite... now GET UP THERE!"
"He looks nice. I don't think he'll bite... now GET UP THERE!"
I pleaded in a last second prayer for courage.
I walked out and saw him for the first time. He was facing away from me. I could barely see his profile. He was handsome, tall, and had an amazing smile.
Little did I know then, that he was the man I would marry!
I am so thankful to my brother, J, and his sister, E for
setting us up on that blind date.
I am so thankful for my mom who didn't give me a way out.
I am so thankful that God allowed us to meet.
I am so glad he asked me to marry him.
It has been one amazing year!
1 comment:
I love it when two amazing people find each other and grow in love together. Heavenly Father heard all of your prayers. I'm so happy for both of you!
Post a Comment