Saturday, November 2, 2013

A New School Year

As school started back up, I was having serious withdrawals from summer.  I was missing the sunshine and the 8+ hours of sleep and most of all, my husband.  So, we started to plan a few more outings - even mid-week outings.

We went to Thanksgiving Point's Ancient Life Museum.  Although it is primarily geared to kids, we learned a lot about dinosaurs, and actually had a lot of fun!  We walked around some of the gardens afterwards and ate a yummy dinner there (everything was only $2/person since it was "two buck Tuesday").

We celebrated Jared's birthday by going to the movies.  Jared has wanted to see Man of Steel since we saw the first preview so we really had a good time going to the dollar theater to see it!  We rarely go to movies anymore since it's so expensive, but you can't beat the dollar theater up here!
We spent a couple more days at Seven Peaks before that closed.  As a little girl, I dreamed of being a mermaid.  I love summers and water so much!  I lucked out when I married someone who loves it almost as much as I do!
We spent an evening at the park just enjoying the cooler nights and the city views and a few stars and listening to music.

I really love spending time with Jared.  At times it feels as though being in school is hard, but I know that the real world of work will be the same - busy, and stressful.  We have found that it is important to still plan outings though.  I am not always the best at planning things, but we have so much fun when we do!  We've even learned that some of the most fun things we have done don't cost money!  (Like taking a blanket out to see the stars or playing Ultimate Frisbee with couples from around the area - something we do each week.)

I'm thankful that I married my best friend!  Dating him only gets more and more fun!  And I am grateful that he takes time out of his busy schedule to date me!

No comments: