My family had the family trip planned long ago and due to my summer school, it was looking like I wouldn't be able to go even for a day or two. I was super bummed and tried not to think about it too much... until my professor moved our final two days earlier than expected. The second he mentioned it, the wheels started turning and I practically had the trip planned before class was even over!
Kaitlin and I drove out to Anaheim on Thursday after our finals to get there and crash before the big day ahead of us. Friday, we got to go to Disneyland and California Adventure with my family! It was Kaitlin's first time at Disneyland and we were so excited that we couldn't contain our excitement!! (I'm still like a little kid and had a hard time falling asleep the night before! - I was too excited!)
Because my family had already spent three days there, they had our entire day planned out so that we could get in every ride possible! It was incredible! We seriously did every single thing that we wanted to and then some!!
It was so fun to be there with my family, to feel a part of the family trip, and to not let too many memories be made without me! I have the greatest family in the entire world!! I am sooo lucky to be "stuck" with 5 best friends forever!! My love and appreciation for each of them only grows stronger and stronger the more time we spend together!
Saturday, my family packed up and headed off while Kaitlin and I stayed and went to the Newport Beach Temple. It was breathtaking just as every temple is!!
Then we went and spent the afternoon at the beach: boogie boarding, surfing (more like attempting to surf), and soaking up the sun! It was even a bit chilly but SO fun! It was great to sit there on the sand and forget that anything else but the waves even existed! I LOVE the beach!! I could've spent a few more days there!!
That night, we got dressed up and went to a fancy Italian restaurant for dinner and then came back to Kathy's and turned on a movie! (Kathy lives in the best place ever!! - Thanks for letting us stay!)
Sunday, we found a Singles ward in Newport to go to and then drove home! It was an awesome weekend packed with so much fun!! It was a quick taste of summer and I am so so grateful I got to go!!
2 comments:
I'm so glad I got to see you twice for a few seconds in Cali...sounds like you had a great time! :)
I enjoy reading about how much you love the things life places before you! You remind me that life is good!
Post a Comment