Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Don't Mess with Texas

Yep, I have now been east of Arizona. I've been to the great state of Texas. Last week, one of my absolute favorite families invited me to spend a week in their home with their four sweet kids! I have been looking forward to this week for a very long time!! I had so much fun seeing downtown and all the cute, quaint shops, and eating tons of delicious food!

The kids were so cute and I can't believe how fast they grow up!! I loved waking up two smiley twins each morning and then watching them excitedly wake up the older two kids. I loved hearing them sing-a-long to their favorite songs in the car. I loved how excited the older kids were to tell me all about camp. I loved bouncing around with the twins and playing Just Dance and making goo with the older kids.
I loved watching the twins race across this bridge over and over and over again! (I loved the tree covered streets there!!)
I loved taking silly pictures with the older two.
But my favorite moments most of all included giggling with the kids until my stomach hurt, and all the hugs and kisses I got...
and talking with the older kids right before bed about whatever they wanted, and having a family night lesson in a fort, and watching them help each other.
I was so lucky to get to spend a week with them and I already miss them again so much BUT the opportunity to go and spend an entire week with them was the best ever!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

You definitly went to the more senic side of Texas. I'm glad you had fun.