Monday, September 26, 2011

Grand Canyon - North Rim

On Friday, Cami and I snuck out of class early to jump in a 15 passenger van with my dad and family friends from the valley as we all headed up to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I had never been to the north rim until this trip. It was so beautiful and secluded (unlike the south rim) and unlike what you typically expect of the Grand Canyon.
(here is our crew... or most of us!)
The Lodge (rebuilt in 1937 after a fire) was breathtaking! It is housed on the actual rim and has rows and rows of chairs and couches overlooking the Grand Canyon. The starry sky that night was the most incredible I've ever seen and the milky way was impossible to miss! After staring into the sky at all the stars, it was easy to imagine how close heaven is!
(The Lodge behind us!)
We went to dinner at the Lodge as the sun set at the canyon and then watched a live musician play his personally, hand-crafted guitar. It was so fun and quite relaxing!
In order to stock up on as much energy as we possibly could, we headed to bed as early as possible! We stayed in one of the 100 quaint little cabins that were built in the 1930's. They were so simple and small; yet so wonderful well-kept!
And this contraption below was in the shower!! - I am finding myself one of these for my kids bathroom (ya know... once I have some of those!). Isn't that just the coolest thing?!?

No comments: