A few days before Christmas, I told my dad that I wanted to hike the Superstition mountains this break. I have lived in the valley for a good 20 years and still have never hiked anywhere in the Superstitions. My dad spread the word and a few people from the home ward joined us for our hike to Flat Iron.
It was cold when we started and in freezing temperatures when we got to the top! My dad and I somehow got off from the typical trail onto a much more difficult trail. It was a little scary. It was straight uphill and loose gravel. My dad loved the challenge; I contemplated my possible fall down the mountain with every step.
The view from the top was BEAUTIFUL!! But it was also quite windy as you can clearly see below.
We could see for miles and miles and Flat Iron really looks like an iron! It was worth the hard hike up although the way down was steep and really exhausting too. My legs felt like jello when we finished but it was a wonderful hike! The desert is truly breathtaking!
No comments:
Post a Comment