Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year, 2012!

I found out a few weeks back that I needed to be in Flagstaff for church on January 1st, but I didn't want to spend New Years Eve alone.  Last year, I took A with me for the weekend; this year, I decided to take D!  We started brainstorming and decided to make an entire weekend out of it all.  He invited 5 of his friends and we packed into our parents SUV, and headed up to the cooler weather early Saturday morning!  (The boys didn't exactly fit in the back of the car...).

We spent the day playing walleyball (for 2 hours), racquetball, pool, air hockey, etc.  We then watched a movie, made and ate dinner, got ready for the night, played games, and went downtown to see the famous Annual New Years Pine Cone Drop.  We drank our hot chocolate, danced, and counted down with half of Flagstaff to 2012.  It was fun but we got out of there pretty quick afterwards as not enough of the city made a goal to quit smoking pot in the New Year.  Oh, Flagstaff!!

Sunday, they all came with me to the singles ward.  After church, we went out to Lake Mary for a picnic.  The lake was much more frozen than I expected and it turned into an afternoon ON the lake!  It was fun!  How many times can you say you walked on a lake?!?


Monday, we woke up early and headed up to snowbowl for a day of snowboarding.  Four of them had never snowboarded before, but they caught on quickly and thankfully, we didn't have any major injuries (thanks to our helmets)!  It was fun but we came back cold and sore.  So... we went hot-tubbing, had dinner at Freddy's Steakburgers, and watched movies all night long.

Tuesday morning, the girls made a yummy, warm breakfast while the boys packed up the car and we relaxed before driving back home.  It was a great group of kids!  D has an awesome group of friends!  I haven't laughed that much in a LONG time!  I'm so glad they came with me and turned a potentially lonely weekend into a hilariously, fun weekend!
I am really looking forward to 2012!  I have a feeling it's going to be a FANTASTIC year!  It sure has started off great! :)

1 comment:

mwells said...

You are such a fun sister. I want to come next time!