Thursday, June 14, 2012

Scrubs and Things

Remember this post where I talked about my random bucket list? Well.... I wanted to give you an update on how it's going and then tweak it a bit! Is that allowed?  I've decided that I've changed, so my list can change!!

Here it is from April 2010....


  1. I want to get my Sign Language Interpreters License someday. (how about I not go back to school ever again!) 
  2. I want to go to beauty school and learn how to cut hair. (yeah, no more school.) 
  3. I want to go make a home for someone in a needy country. (new goal... Just visit another country for any reason because if I ever actually go somewhere, it will be a miracle!) 
  4. I want to go on an Alaskan Cruise. (still want to do this someday!!) 
  5. I want to go mentor in a near-by preschool that teaches children how to read using the Book of Mormon so that someday I can run my own preschool. (done, and have even worked at 3 different preschools since then).
  6. I want to take up family history. (I took a family history institute class) 
  7. I want to snuggle up a beautiful corner and read a cheesy romance novel. (DONE) 
  8. I want to train for a triathlon. (proof here)
  9. I want to scrapbook every single picture that I own. (how about I just blog a ton of them and then print my blog books?! - I have printed ever single post in a bound book!!) 
  10. I want to learn how to make darling accessories. (headbands, winter headbands - check and check) 
  11. I want to read all the scriptural based books alongside my scripture study and take every single institute class offered. (ok. I haven't read every book but I've read many the past 2 years and I just got my "doctorate" in institute this past semester!)
  12. I want to plant a huge garden. (still gonna do this someday... like when I have a yard! That might help.)
  13. I want to get scuba certified. (on my list for very soon I hope.) 
  14. I want to refinish old furniture and make it super cute. (first, I need a place to put furniture).  
  15. I want to learn how to quilt with my grandma. (post all about it to come soon!) 
  16. I want to take cooking classes so that I might be a wonderful cook who actually likes to make dinner.(no cooking classes, but one awesome roommate and years of practice... And a new found love, or maybe just a like, for cooking!) 
  17. I want to become certified to be one of the class instructors at the gym. (just taught lifeguards how to teach water aerobics. Close enough?!) 
  18. I want to learn how to snowboard. (DONE
  19. I want to take a church history trip AFTER I read all I can about it. (I started reading the manual and took the first institute class. I'm getting there) 
  20. I want to take even more classes on children and family sciences because they are my absolute favorite. (DONE x 4) 
  21. I want to get a job that requires me to wear scrubs - just because it would be cool. (and... Wouldn't you know, I wear scrubs at my internship!! Love 'em!!!)

Yes folks, I have accomplished 13 of my 21 items!!  Not too shabby in a 2 year period!  I'm pretty excited about this!! Time to make a new, updated list...cough... that doesn't have any more formal schooling on it!

No comments: