Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dierks Bentley Concert

Once upon a time, a seasoned lifeguard got a call from her boss asking her to work last minute. She said, "No thanks." (Be proud that she said no! - It's taken a loooong time to do!) He then begged and she said, "Fine, I'll be there in an hour." (Yeah... she's still working on that "no" thing! Haha!)

Well, she showed up to work early just to be ready... teaching people how to boogie board and surf is a difficult job! Ok, so really she just went to play before work started because it's slightly addicting. When she got there, she found out that she was going to be teaching DIERKS BENTLEY's band how to ride!!!!

Pretty stinkin' cool huh?!? They rented out the Flow Rider. Yeah, I met them, taught them how to surf, got paid... and got VIP tickets to his concert as a tip! Um, have I mentioned that I love my job?!?! I love country music! I love his music! And I love that he is a down-to-earth, family guy who can put on an entire show without having to be foul or crude!

What an awesome way to wrap up my time in Mesa - country concert on a rainy, hot day at ASU stadium. Here is the proof of my wonderful night at the Dierks Bentley concert:

See what the envelope says?! - In case you can't, it says, "Dierks Bentley Guest" followed by my name! :)
Don't worry McKenzie, I wore ear plugs the entire time so I wouldn't have Noise Induced Hearing Loss. People laughed at me as I put them in, but when the concert ended and they couldn't hear, they admitted that I was smart!

1 comment:

mwells said...

What an awesome adventure!