Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Love to See the Temple

While I was down for Paige's wedding, I was finally able to make it to the temple to do baptisms again (longest time I have gone without the temple in years!!)! I ended up going at one of the busiest times and was there for 2 1/2 hours, but it was soo nice to finally be able to go back!! The peace that you feel in the temple is something that cannot be duplicated anywhere else. It is evidence that it truly is the Lord's House and that He dwells there! I absolutely love it there and I miss being able to go more often!

Since I have moved up here, I have realized that I will never willingly agree to live this far from a temple ever again! On those days where you just need some peace and quiet and a reminder of who you are and what you are doing here, it stinks to not be able to just hop in the car and drive over to the temple!

No fears though, that is EXACTLY what I did yesterday, I hoped in the car and drove home. I got to go to the temple and I practically had the baptistry to myself. I was able to ponder and think and receive answers that I needed! For the other 22 hours that I was home, I spent every second of them with my family! Man, I love them and I am grateful that it is because of the covenants that are made in the temple that we can be together forever!

Oh how I look forward to moving closer to a temple once I am finished with school. And don't even worry, I am already counting down to when I get to go again... :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is what I miss about being close to the temple too. It was nice to be in Utah and have a stinky day and go straight to the temple to make it all better. I'm glad you dropped all to go.