It's 1:14pm.
I am still in my pajamas.
It's 40* outisde.
I don't have school today (but I do on Thursday - Go Figure!)
I am sick.
But life is absolutely the greatest miracle!
The past week of life has been a struggle, but I honestly can say that I am grateful for it! I have been so busy and so stressed and so anxious and so sleep-deprived, that I think I have hit a new record! (And I wonder why on my day off I wake up sick!?!? -Hmmm!) Regardless, I have learned some amazing lessons this week!
Lesson #1: I was reminded of how real Satan is. How much power he has. How much he sneaks little lies into our thoughts if we let him. How crapy he can make you feel. And how much I whole-heartedly HATE him! I stumbled across this quote today from Elder Holland's talk, "Cast Not Therefore Away Your Confidence." It says, "Fighting through darkness and despair and pleading for the light is what opened this dispensation. It is what keeps it going, and it is what will keep you going. With Paul, I say to all of you: Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward."
Lesson #2: Prayers are answered! When we pray for specific things, we are more likely to get the answers we need. Prayer takes faith and real intent.
Lesson #3: Fasting adds to our prayers. It enhances our faith. It helps us to receive revelation.
Lesson #4: The priesthood is real. It's here on earth. It gives righteous men the ability to give us priesthood blessings. I received a blessing on Sunday that was such a gift. The words spoken were EXACT answers to my prayers. Ok. That is not always how quickly answers come or nearly as direct as they come, but on Sunday, answers came. And they came quickly! WHAT A MIRACLE!!!
Lesson #5: Be still! I came across the scripture Exodus 14:13-14 that says, "Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD... the Lord will fight for you." As I have sat here sick today, I have been compelled to be still. I have been compelled to put my to-do list on hold and just rest. I have had plenty of time to just stare out the window at the clean, fresh world after a night of snow (it melted before we woke up). And despite my lack of "to-do list accomplishments", I have felt Heavenly Father's love and awareness of me! I have thought about my family and how much I love them. I have spent unhurried time reading the scriptures. I have marveled at the fall leaves as they are blown off the trees. Pres. Uchtdorf's most recent conference talk titled, "Of Things that Matter Most" is a talk I need to learn to live by! He says, "we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."
Being sick today is what helped me recognize all of this and so I am grateful! The lyrics to the song, "Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah McLachlan pretty much sum it all up! My new goal: Work on being still and focusing on the everyday, ordinary miracles - because they are there!
It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The sky knows when it's time to snow
Don't need to teach a seed to grow
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
Life is like a gift, they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up, and find a way
To give some of your own
Isn't it remarkable?
Like everytime a raindrop falls
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The birds in winter have their fling
And always make it home by spring
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
When you wake up everyday
Please don't throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
'Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinary miracle
Ordinary miracle
Do you want to see a miracle
It seems so exceptional
That things work out after all
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The sun comes out and shines so bright
And disappears again at night
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
1 comment:
John 14:16-20
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Post a Comment